Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj recognized as one of America's Top Doctors by U.S. News and World Report, New York Magazine and Castle Connolly Medical, Ltd. for 2012 and 2013.
Dr. Slupchynskyj featured on ABC Nightline
Dr. Slupchynskyj interviewed by Huffington Post
How to Select an African-American and
Ethnic Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj, a recognized leader in African-American Rhinoplasty for Ethnic patients, is Dual Board Certified by both The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and The American Board of Otolaryngology for Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Slupchynskyj's work is highly specialized, focusing only on the face, head and neck. He offers 18 years of proven experience, as can be seen in his extensive portfolio of Ethnic patient before and after photos. He is the author of "Rhinoplasty for African American Patients", featured in Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery and "Revision Rhinoplasty in Ethnic Patients" in Facial Plastic Surgery – both international peer reviewed medical journals, which reference case studies and scientific data on Facial Plastic Surgery Cases.
Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj, a specialist in Ethnic Rhinoplasty, is clinical instructor of Facial Plastic Surgery at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary in New York City. He has affiliations and privileges at both Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital and Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, as well as the Top Hospital of 2014 Leapfrog Award Winner St. Barnabas Hospital in Livingston, New Jersey.
Not all doctors are certified to perform Facial Surgery procedures, such as Rhinoplasty. Those with the highest qualifications are Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons,
who have the highest degree of training and experience with regard to facial and nasal anatomy.
The following are critical factors to consider when selecting your African American and Ethnic Rhinoplasty Surgeon:
Once you have consulted with one or more surgeons, check in with yourself and ask the following:
- Training: Completed Surgical Residency in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery for five years.
- Fellowship Training in the latest advances and techniques in Facial Plastic Surgery, sponsored by The American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- Dual Board Certification in Facial Plastic and Head & Neck Surgery.
- Top Hospital Affiliation and Privileges: Doctors with privileges to perform surgery at an accredited hospital must undergo routine review and examination to be awarded, as well as maintain privileges.
- Actual experience and amount of time (in years) devoted to successfully working with Ethnic and African-American patients.
- Proven Results: Make sure actual patient before and after photos are available to view on the surgeon's website and/or in their office. Dr. Slupchynskyj reports that this directly correlates to how many patients the doctor sees and has worked on. How can you properly evaluate the doctor's results if he/she only has a few actual Ethnic patient photos to show, versus numerous examples from work done over the years?
- All well-regarded surgeons abide by the rules of patient confidentiality and only show patient photos, in their offices and/or on their website, with the patient's written permission. Dr. Slupchynskyj only posts a small portion of his actual African-American Rhinoplasty and Ethnic Rhinoplasty patients' photos, due to some patients' desire for privacy and anonymity. Dr. Slupchynskyj's celebrity patients are also not posted on the website(s), due to the same conditions of privacy.
- The best Facial Plastic Surgeons are not salesmen. They are experts in the operating room and have an excellent eye for aesthetics. They are there to help you. Select a surgeon you truly feel comfortable with and someone who will always answer your questions and address any concerns.
- Am I basing my decision on doctor’s credentials and experience, or the price?
- Are my expectations realistic?
- Does this doctor agree to anything I ask for, or does he or she guide me according to what is realistic for me?
- Have all my questions been answered?
- If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
|Dr. Oleh Slupchynksyj, a Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and top Rhinoplasty Surgeon
is interviewed by theGrio.com
about Ethnic Rhinoplasty. theGrio.com is the first African American
news community featuring video and articles on breaking news,
politics, opinion, money and health.
Madamenoire.com, the sophisticated Black Women's Lifestyle guide, features Ethnic Rhinoplasty Surgeon Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj.
Dr. Slupchynskyj also specializes in African American
Buccal Fat Removal,
Keloid Treatment and other Ethnic
Dr. Slupchynskyj does not use Medpor implants for nasal augmentation due to its long proven attendant risks and complications. See what other doctors have to say about the use of
Medpor Nasal Implants.
AAAASF Accredited Surgical Suite
Is 3-dimentional High Definition Endoscopic
Rhinoplasty Just Hype? Doctor Answers, Tips
View Dr. Slupchynskyj's Quality Health Profile.
The Aesthetic Institute of New York & New Jersey also provides educational material, lectures and online videos on facial Cosmetic Surgery. We invite you to email us or call us for more information about the procedures we perform or information on our upcoming educational events.
About Face: Beyond Ethnic Surgery
Listen to an in-depth
interview with Dr. Slupchynskyj on
African American Rhinoplasty.
So many film, music and TV celebrities are often seen with a more "refined" appearance. Can it be that they have had something so subtle as a Rhinoplasty? You be the judge!
View several of your more famous celebs.
Find us on Google+