African American rhinoplasty is a safe but one of the most complicated and delicate of all cosmetic surgical procedures. You need to be sure that your African American rhinoplasty specialist is fully qualified and able to fulfill all of your requirements. Remember African American rhinoplasty is a procedure that is permanent and you must be certain that your surgeon is able to give you the nose that you have always wanted. Also, you need to know that they are capable of answering all of your questions in detail leaving you no room to be anxious or not know everything there is to know about your upcoming African American rhinoplasty procedure.
Here is a list of questions that you can ask your African American rhinoplasty surgeon during your initial and follow up consultation meetings
1. Are you a fully licensed rhinoplasty surgeon and are you fully qualified to perform this procedure? You will probably have the answer to this already just through your initial research on the African American rhinoplasty specialist that you have chosen. You can find a more tactful way to ask them, but you do need to be fully informed on their ability to perform the procedure.
2. Are you an African American rhinoplasty specialist? Some cosmetic surgeons will perform a range of cosmetic procedures and they are experts in all of them. However, rhinoplasty is considered to be the most difficult of all cosmetic procedures, and African American rhinoplasty is the most specialised. For this reason you should strongly consider only looking at surgeons that only do African American rhinoplasty.
3. How many years of experience do you have in African American rhinoplasty? This is a great question to ask, but it should be followed up with the sub question, how many African American rhinoplasty procedures have you performed. This is the perfect time to ask them about seeing a portfolio of their work.
4. What responsibilities do I have as a patient to ensure that my African American rhinoplasty procedure goes well and I minimize the risk of complications? This is something that the African American rhinoplasty specialist and their team will address in great detail and they will make a point of ensuring that you have all of the information in writing as well as outlining it in detail.
5. Are there any reasons why I might not be a perfect candidate for African American rhinoplasty? The African American rhinoplasty specialist that you are having the consultation with will have probably already spoken to you about your medical history and let you know if there was anything that you should be aware of. Ideally as long as you are old enough that your nose has finished growing and you are in good health you will probably be a good candidate for an African American rhinoplasty procedure.
6. Could you please go into more detail about the surgical technique you are using for my African American rhinoplasty? You may find that you don’t want to know the specifics, however, many patients find it reassuring to know exactly what their own African American rhinoplasty procedure will entail. You should also ask about the benefits and drawbacks of certain methods and why the African American rhinoplasty specialist has chosen the closed method over the open approach.
7. How long can will I have to wait before I am fully recovered? This is linked to the previous question in a way as each procedure varies in terms of the method used and how long it will take for the swelling to completely subside. As you have chosen the very best African American rhinoplasty surgeon in New York, they will be able to provide you with a reasonably accurate estimation of how long your recovery period will be.
8. What are the risks of the procedure, should I be concerned? All African American rhinoplasty surgeons will take the time to let you know of the risks that are involved with the procedure. They will also point out that the chances of complications following the African American rhinoplasty are very small and that you should not be concerned.
9. Do you have a portfolio of work I can see? This is an essential part of your research into the capabilities of you African American rhinoplasty specialist. You should ask to see before and after pictures of their previous African American rhinoplasty successes. Better still if they are able to produce a before nose that is similar to yours and that the end result is akin to what you are hoping for. Do not be alarmed if they are not able to do this exactly as every nose has its own unique architecture. With a little bit of research you should be able to google the African American rhinoplasty specialist in question and see if his past patients are happy with his work.